Eat Well, Live Well Guidelines
1. Celebrate Wholesome Goodness – For 21 days, our focus will be eating clean, unprocessed, whole foods to clear out our bodies and minds, reset and start fresh! We'll prepare and eat healthy, delicious meals that will make us glow!
2. Fight Inflammation – It’s no secret that inflammation is the underlying cause of chronic disease and feeling sluggish. We’ll be avoiding the foods that most commonly cause inflammation or sensitivities -- and loading up on foods that fight inflammation. Then, we will slowly start adding some of these foods back into our diets, so that we can identify what our personal tolerances and sensitivities are. This temporary elimination process is all about self discovery!
3. Stay Hydrated – Our bodies are made up of 65% water and adequate hydration supports every single organ in our body. During the program, water will be our beverage of choice. We'll offer plenty of inventive ways to keep your beverage life fun and thirst quenching.
4. Say Good-bye to Sugar and Flour – Our sugar addictions are wreaking havoc on our health in more ways than we can count. This program is designed to help set us free! During this time, our taste buds will recalibrate and become more sensitive to sugar and our cravings will change. We'll be able to taste the subtle sweetness of a cucumber and fruit will taste like nature's candy.
5. Get Cookin’ – Cooking our own meals is the best way to make sure we are putting real food into your body! If you are a cooking novice, or just aren’t into cooking, fear not! Our recipes are designed to be quick and easy, and approachable for all levels. Soups delivered to your door and daily smoothies are convenient options as well.
6. Buy Organic - In keeping with our mission to maximize nutrient density, we should opt for organic options whenever possible. Affordable organic options are on the rise, plus the Dirty Dozen and the Clean Fifteen lists can help us prioritize how to spend organic dollars where it matters most.
7. Check Your Gut – There’s a ton of emerging research revealing the importance of gut health to our overall health, specifically our immune system, digestion, mood, and energy. During the program, we'll learn how to build a strong army of good bacteria by eating plenty of fermented foods, as well as supplementing with probiotic capsules.
8. Get Moving – Exercise is so important to our overall health, and not just because it burns calories: Exercise also improves sleep, mood, cognition, energy and longevity - it's all connected! We'll be encouraged to move for at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. There’s nothing like a rush of feel-good endorphins!
9. Eat Mindfully – We are all multitasking eaters these days. Yet, studies show mindful eating is the key to enjoying more of less. We'll challenge ourselves to hit the pause button, sit down and fully appreciate the meal in front of you.
10. Take a Deep Breath – We should all find a few minutes everyday to close our eyes, breathe, clear our mind and appreciate all that we have to be grateful for. Gratitude is one of the best ways to increase happiness and overall well-being.
Take a few minutes each day to close your eyes, breathe, clear your mind and let go.