Have you ever noticed how much better you feel when you talk things out with your friends? Sharing common interests, challenges and successes, makes all of us feel so much more fulfilled, satisfied, motivated, and energized. And that positive vibe or energy we get from others can be a wonderful thing, when it gives us the push we need to make positive behavior changes – including eating better.
Researchers agree – a good social support system is associated with overall healthier eating patterns, and there’s a good deal of research to back that up. Face to face connection is great, and that’s why it’s easier to stick to a walking program or get to the gym more frequently when you’re part of a group or have a few friends motivate you, but online connection through social media programs can be just as effective. In fact, scientists who studied the effects of an online weight management program found that those who belonged to an active social media community as part of the program had significantly more weight loss.
The Lightwell Health team has always believed there’s power in numbers, and that’s why the heart of our Eat Well, Live Well program is our dynamic group support. Changing behaviors to eat better and improve your health can be an overwhelming task if you try to go it alone. But get a group of like-minded women together, and suddenly, it’s not so hard. Dare we say, it’s even fun? We share recipe ideas, meal recommendations, and healthy cooking tips. We inspire each other to live healthier lives, and we lift each other up. Rather than dwelling on our own struggles, we appreciate that others are in the same boat, and we brainstorm solutions. Rather than each of us finding our own way, we help lead each other. And in doing so – we make more progress ourselves.
If you’ve ever tried to make diet changes on your own, you’ll appreciate that the personal and social support you’ll get through the Eat Well, Live Well program is priceless. Here’s what sets us apart, and why joining the group is a valuable investment in yourself:
- We’re not a quick-fix “detox” program. We’re focused on eating real food, and making long-term changes that will benefit your health. We firmly believe that there is no one-size-fits-all healthy diet, and there’s room in this world for omnivores, vegans, and everyone in between.
- You’ll have the expertise and support of your own team of registered dietitians to guide you and coach you along the way, and you’ll hear from us every day, with tips, motivation and education. We’ll be accessible by email and we’ll have weekly live phone sessions with lots of opportunity for questions and answers.
- We’re committed to sharing the most accurate, evidence-based information we can find with you, and helping you to incorporate it into your own lifestyle. Our program isn’t focused on the opinions of one celebrity personality, but on the scientific research and our many years of professional experience providing nutrition counseling for disease management and prevention. We promise when there is conflicting research, we’ll distill and summarize it, and then guide you on how to decide what’s right for you.
- You’ll receive a complete toolbox with instructional and inspirational videos, meal planning tools, recipes, and proven behavior change techniques, to help you work on changes during the program, and maintain them for a lifetime. In keeping with our individualized approach, you’ll be able to decide and choose the tools that work best for you.
- You’ll have the camaraderie and social support of a group of like-minded individuals who will all start and end the program at the same time, and together. We’ll connect via a private Facebook group, where we can share in each other’s successes and struggles, and work together to make lasting improvements in our lives. We love to see new friendships and support systems develop and continue long after the program ends. We’re all committed, accountable, and in this together, so we’ll have each other’s backs! The goal isn’t perfection, just progress.
We look forward to meeting you in one of our upcoming groups, and taking the journey toward better health, and a more vibrant life – together. If you have any questions about Lightwell Health, or our Eat Well, Live Well program, please don’t hesitate to contact us!